Your dentist is much more than a regularly scheduled appointment you must undergo once or twice per year – he or she is an essential partner in your ongoing journey towards oral health. For that reason, it is important to carefully choose a dentist that will not only ensure the proper maintenance necessary to keep your teeth and gums healthy but will develop a trusting dentist/patient relationship that will last for years to come.
The process begins with finding a dentist that is the right fit for you. Whether you have recently moved and are searching for a new dentist, your current dentist isn’t living up to your expectations, or you have been neglecting regular dental appointments for some other reason, it is crucial to get back on the road to good oral health. Utilize these tips for finding the right dentist:
- Ask your current dentist for a recommendation. If you or your dentist are moving, or if your current dentist is retiring, consider asking them for a professional recommendation. They may know other dentists in your new area and are likely to have a recommendation for another dentist in your area if they are retiring or otherwise leaving their current practice.
- Ask friends, coworkers, and family for a recommendation. If you have friends or family in the area, ask them about their current dentist. Chances are, one or more people you know have an excellent relationship with their dentist and will be willing to recommend their services.
- Ask your physician. Members of the medical community have often become acquainted with one another and may have a recommendation based on their own professional knowledge. In addition, your physician sees a dentist, too – they may have a personal recommendation.
- Consult a dentist listing website. Utilize your online resources in your dental search. Websites like the American Dental Association’s site or dentist search sites like Emergency Dental Service can help you find qualified providers in your area.
- Be Sure to Ask the Right Questions. Once you have located a potential dentist near you, it is crucial to assess whether each may meet your unique needs. Ensure you ask the important questions before making a commitment to your new dentist:
- Do they accept your dental insurance plan?
- Is the dental office adequately near your home or workplace?
- What payment forms does the office accept?
- Do they offer after-hours emergency services or participate in emergency referral services?
- What anesthesia options do they offer?
- What is their missed appointment policy?
When you need to find a dentist in your area, performing an educated search is a must. Start by requesting essential dentistry listings from Emergency Dental Services – call 1-888-350-1340 or contact us online to receive a full list of emergency dental providers in your area. Your journey to excellent oral health begins today.